A Reason To Be Updated With Latest Movies...

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, November 26, 2007

Susan Sarandon describes SpeedRacer's new LOOK

Susan Sarandon tells us about the over the top acting she does in Disney's Enchanted, playing an animated character come to life. She's sort of going to do that in Speed Racer too, but she's playing this one straight.

Speed Racer Looks Like What?
"Speed Racer is not broad," said Sarandon. "I mean it is broad in its concept and in its technology but we completely just have a monkey in our family, a chimp in our family. They want everybody to play it very straight. But around us, the house, the way it looks, the costumes and everything are definitely a style. It is very visual, it is very layered film, all this things I can't even begin to tell you about. But we play very straight."

Now that the film is in post-production, Sarandon has seen some of the completed footage. "It kind of looks like The Jetsons. I mean, it is not my best look. It takes a little getting used to. I have the same the same hairdo I had in my eighth grade yearbook. But is beautiful. It is very saturated color. It unfolds in a way that breaks all boundaries of structure. I can't explain it. Before I left Berlin I saw 10 or 15 minutes."

Speed Racer opens this summer.

http://www.canmag.com/nw/9649-speed-racer-susan-sarandon

No comments: